To have infinite ammo, you must go at the option menu and press
alt+F4, then press two times alt+ctrl+delete, then return to the game
and you'll have infinite ammo.
Maps are available for download from the game's official web
site. Also see my web version of this file (with my own maps!) If you
have trouble picking up or using objects, alter your angle of
approach. Crouch down, look up or down, jump up to try again.
Sometimes you must press the Shift key and literally run into
something to get it.
You can avoid many of the Mutants in Deepcore since they are
confined to the room or section where you find them, for the most
part. It takes 2 shots from your stunner to knock them down, but they
will always get up again.
Activating the Power Core
1. Stand facing the blue striped switch box and press spacebar.
Bump into the door to open it and leave the Compression/Decompression
2. Walk through the next door to the Sub Bay.
3. Move left to the body (near the red chest) and get Level 1
Stunner. (Spouse comments on infection.)
4. Turn around and enter the left door. This is the Locker Room.
Get the Blue Key Card from second locker from left. Bump into the
suits. (Spouse comments you need to find the helmet.) Leave Locker
5. Walk to other end of the Moonpool and enter door on the right.
Turn left and walk straight to the end of the hall and are facing a
door. Walk straight, bear left and turn right to face another door.
Enter the Infirmary and get Purple Gel Pack from wall socket. Leave
6. Walk left, straight and then right. Turn right and enter the
Mess Hall. Pick up Screwdriver from table.
7. Walk straight and out the opposite door into the Galley. Ready
the Level 1 Stunner. Leave Galley.
8. Walk straight into the Food Pantry. Shoot the Mutant (Ctrl
key) twice to stun. Keep walking straight to the Elevator Well.
Recharge Stunner. Enter Elevator. Go Up. Turn and Exit Elevator.
9. Walk through two doors and pause in hallway. Turn right and
open Closet. Look down and pick up Green Gel Pack from floor.
10. Turn around (right) and return to Elevator Well. Enter
Elevator and Go Down. When Elevator stops, go down again. Exit
11. Go through Right door. Ready Stunner. Use Blue Key Card on
wall panel. Enter Doctor's Office and pick up 3 Polywater Keys. Leave
Doctor's Office via opposite door and walk into the Battery Room
(through open doorway).
12. Use Screwdriver on Wall Box. Get Red Gel Pack. Mutant nearby.
Shoot twice to stun and walk straight to the next room.
13. This is the Main Power Core room. Mutant will follow you, but
cannot walk further into the room. Walk around and bump into several
of the controls until you find one with green markings that opens.
Insert all three Gel Packs (red, purple and green). Return to near
mutant and bump into the box near the door. (A comment is made about
the government that I couldn't hear over the moanings of the mutant.)
Power Core is now Active.
Moving Deepcore off the rock
1. Push button on right to turn off the energy fields in the
doorway. Walk through, turn around and push the button again to turn
it back on. Proceed back to the Elevator Well. Go up once to Level
2. From Elevator Well, walk through the first Food Pantry, the
Galley and the Mess Hall. Take the right-hand door into the hallway.
Walk all the way to the end of the hall and through it.
3. Enter the first left door into Maintenance Room B. Use
screwdriver on wall box and get the Yellow Gel Pack. Leave Maintenance
4. Proceed straight ahead through two living quarters. Pause at
the pool and arm the Stunner. Open the door, stun the Mutant, grab the
Red Key Card and leave quickly.
5. Walk through the next room (ignoring the pool for now) and the
next. Turn left and enter the door to the hallway.
6. Make the first right. Insert the Red Key Card into the panel
and enter the Command center.
7. Walk to the far right to pick up the Metal Deck Plate. Turn
around and enter the Elevator. Go up to Level 3 just beyond the
8. Pick up the two Metal Deck Plates. Look down at the floor and
use all three Metal Deck Plates to cover the electric sparks. Walk
across the plates.
9. Enter the far door and the first door on the left
(Communications Lab). Jump onto the table and get the NTI Translator.
Approach the floating form to use the translator. Leave this room.
10. Walk straight through the next room and into the next. Pick
up the Air Tank. Continue out and ready the Stunner. Quickly stun the
approaching Mutant, jump onto the chest to get the Ignition Key and
11. Return through the next two rooms, taking a left into the
hallway and get on the Elevator. Go down into the Command center.
12. Use the Ignition Key in the Ignition console. Deepcore has
been moved off of the rock.
1. From the Command Center, head to the main Elevator shaft
(right - straight left and all the way to the end). Go down to Level
1. Turn left and enter that door.
2. Go to the Research Lab is located at the end of the long
tunnel. Save your game before entering here. Your stunner has no
effect on the two meanies inside, so put it away. Make sure you have a
full health meter and get ready to run! Your objective is to get both
of the mutants to follow you into the Containment Room and then trap
them there. Then you can concentrate on the other parts of the room.
3. Run directly toward the green button to the right of the
Containment Room and turn it to red (off).
4. Zigzag around so that they both are following you and run into
the Containment Room, jumping up onto the countertop. When both of
them are hovering at your heels, dart to the entry, turn and press the
button to green! (Note: Trapping them inside took me at least a dozen
times! If any part of their bodies gets through before you hit the
button, they can get free. Keep trying and you will eventually get
5. Once they are trapped, notice the square red blocks on one of
the curved walls. From left to right turn each one green, leaving the
third one red. Jump up and get the Helmet from the box.
6. Jump up beside the box (behind the chair) and get the Blue Gel
7. Return to the Elevator and go up to Level 2. Return to the
Locker Room (the door immediately next to the Decompression Chamber
door). Get the Fluid Breathing Suit.
8. Go back into the hall and return to the Pool in the Living
9. Stand beside the pool facing the door through which you
entered the room. Step in the water.
10.Press the Z key to sink down. Swim forward through the next
room and into the far room (with the porthole window). Find the
Multicharger in this room. Quickly leave the way you came, finding the
pool again. Use the / or A key to rise and get out of the water
(before you run out of air.)
11.Go back to the Moonpool. Jump In. (You will automatically use
This is a difficult section to describe. The pathways are all
curved with very few (if any) right angles. Thus, an intersection is
one where you must make a decision to go left, right or straight.
(Using the maps is essential here.)
Mutants are wandering around all over the Ark - both human and
alien. You may be able to avoid some of the human mutants by staying
away from their rooms or running away from them. You must handle some
alien robots to finish this section. They can be killed with 1 shot
from the Level 2 Stunner, 2 shots from your Level 1 Stunner. It may
take more than 2 shots to stun the other mutants and there are a
couple of "boss mutants" running around that cannot be stunned at all.
The Upper Level of the NTI Ark is divided into 8 Sectors. The
Spires and some side rooms encompass 4 of those Sectors. Living
quarters and auxiliary rooms comprise the other four.
Getting up inside the Ark
1. Look up. Notice a boxy platform juts out from the main column.
You need to get up there.
2. Find the bright blue button on the rounded wall and push it.
Push away from the wall and swim up and to the right. Get inside the
the square tube platform before the water recedes. (This might take a
couple of tries because swimming is awkward.)
3. Walk through the water door and straight through the next
large room to the next water door.
Turning on Spire Laser 1
1. At the first intersection, take a left. At the first left
door, turn off the energy field (yellow switch beside the door) and
enter. Hop up onto the right shelves and get the Level 2 Stunner.
Leave the room and go back to the right (where you came from).
2. Go left at the intersection (the sensor lights and sounds to
let you know life is nearby). Enter the door on your right and walk
directly across the Bar and through the door behind the woman mutant.
3. Turn left. Walk while hugging the right wall and follow the
walls around to the right until you reach a door with a green energy
field. Walk through the door. Press the blue button on the wall.
(Message will advise you have entered Sector 8. Notice the green
energy field has switched sides.) Walk through the door with the green
field into Sector 8.
4. Turn right and take the door to the right of the dividing
wall. You enter a room with triangle shaped floor tiles in different
colors. Press the correct tiles to remove the blue energy field at the
door. In this case, turn all of the tiles Blue. When you first enter,
step on the middle triangle once; then the left triangle once and
finally the right triangle once (without walking over any of the other
tiles). A hidden corridor opens behind you (to the left of the door).
Without stepping on any of the musical tiles, follow the secret
corridor to a window with a gizmo in front of it. Operate the gizmo
(spacebar). Spire Laser 1 is Online - and you have increased the
Jumpgate Power by 25%.
5. To leave the laser room, press the spacebar again and turn
around to see the blue energy field is gone for a moment. Walk through
the doorway while the field is off. Leave the musical tile room.
6. Walk straight ahead to reach a blue column (like the one you
used at the beginning). Walk around it and keep walking until you come
to 2 corridors. Follow one of the corridors to an open "observation"
room. Look on the wall to the left for the Adaptable Power Supply. You
can recharge your stunners here, if needed. (Note: All 4 of the Spires
have this room and an Adaptable Power Supply in each.)
Finding part 1 of the Mutagen Cure
1. Find the center post again (the one with the blue button). Try
to enter the panel with the hole in it. If it will not open, press the
blue button. Enter the panel with the hole and drop down. Exit through
2. Look up above you to see the upper pathway. Follow it straight
forward until you come to another water door and enter there. Push the
wall button. You have entered the Main Power Core of the NTI Ark.
3. Walk to the center of the area to the Main Power Core. Unlock
each of the side rooms that have energy field locks. In one of them is
Part 1 of the Mutagen Cure. Pick it up.
4. There is nothing more to do in this section and the side rooms
are hazardous to your health! Leave the way you came in.
5. Walk through the rocks and seaweed to the water door you
entered. While facing inward, jump up to get out and exit the blue
Turning on Spire Laser 2
1. Make your way back to Sector 1, following the map. Find a room
you recognize (the Bar or Mess Hall) and go through the area, ending
at the Airlock passage between Sector 1 and 2 at the entrance of the
2. In the Theater turn right and find the other doorway (with red
button next to it) and go through it. Hug the left wall and go through
the door at the end. Take a left and enter the next end door.
3. Stop and notice the floor tiles. Left is gray; middle is green
and right is brown. Step on the left one once - turns it green. Step
on the right one once - turns it green. Step on the center on and it
turns gray -- and the energy field inside the door turns off (for a
moment)! Walk through the door. (Repeat the process of stepping on the
center one again and again if you miss the first opportunity through
the door. No need to step on the others.)
4. Activate the laser. Spire Laser 2 is Online - Jumpgate Power
is increased by 25%.
5. To leave the laser room, press the spacebar again and turn
around to see the blue energy field is gone for a moment. Walk through
the doorway while the field is off. Leave the musical tile room.
Turning on Spire Laser 3
1. Take the first door on the left. Go forward and enter the
first door on the right. Listen to what the alien has to say. (Press P
to listen to it again.) From the little I could understand, it tried
to communicate something about a "Caretaker" being Guardian of the
Station of Europa and the Caretaker will tell you what to do.
2. Move on through the next room and through the Airlock to
3. Bear right and around until you come to a doorway. Save your
game! Run straight through the first room and into the next where you
will have your first encounter with the Alien Robots here. In one of
the rooms there are at least 2 guarding a golden globe on the floor.
You need to get the Memory Orb before you run for it. Aim a bit higher
than normal to shoot the Robots. (Finally something you can shoot that
will stay dead!)
4. Run through the next room and into the passage that leads to
the Airlock hall. Go into Sector 4.
5. Walk straight through the Observation Room and pass the little
water cubicles, which should be on your right. Take a left into the
room with the musical tiles.
6. This particular one seemed a bit more difficult than the rest
... at first glance, that is. As usual they were set at Grey, Green
and Brown. Try pausing immediately when you first step inside (without
stepping on any of the tiles) and turning to your right. I found the
hallway already open in 2 out of 3 instances .. and the tiles already
set to Gray, Gray and Green.
7. Walk down the hall and activate the laser as before. Spire
Laser 3 is Online - Jumpgate Power is increased by 25%. (Only 1 more
to go.) Leave in the usual way.
Turning on Spire Laser 4
1. Travel left and through the large Observation Room and to the
Airlock. Push the button and go into Sector 5.
2. Bear left and walk along that passage. Remember the location
of that large flower-paneled wall for later. For now, move on to
finding Laser #4. Turn around and bear left. Keep going straight
ahead, taking no turns and walking through any door in your path until
you come to the Airlock hall to Sector 6.
3. Once in Sector 6, take a left and enter the room with the
musical tiles. This one was easy. Turn all of them midnight blue and
walk down the corridor.
4. Operate the laser. Spire Laser 4 is Online - Jumpgate Power is
increased by 25%. (It should be 100% online now.)
Leaving the NTI Ark in the jumpship
1. Return to the flower-paneled wall in Sector 5. Walk right
through it! It's a secret passage! Ready your laser and position it a
bit high. A good number of Robots are protecting the jumpship. When
you come to an intersection, turn right.
2. You come to a big room which should look familiar. It is
another Jumpship Docking Bay like the one where you started. Beside
the door is a button and you can hear a humming sound. A force field
is making that hum. Turn it off by pressing the button.
3. Walk in the door and jump to the next higher level. Walk
straight through the doors and on until you reach a dark room. Notice
that 4 lights are shining around the room, representing the 4 Spire
Lasers that are online. (Had you found this earlier and before they
had been activated, you would have noticed the difference now. You can
easily jump up to leave if you find that you have forgotten
something.) Get up close to the keyboard and press the spacebar.
EUROPA STATION & CAVERNS
If you are referring to the map of Europa Station (which you
should be!) your Jumpship arrives in the northern-most bay (the one
pointing toward Command). The corridors on Europa Station are narrower
than on the NTI Ark. Even though your stunners still do a decent job
in eliminating the Robots (and there are loads of them), there are
several "Boss Mutants" who need to be dealt with. There are no places
to recharge your stunners here, but I'll tell you where to find a
Containment Field Projector which will "contain" the mutants that you
cannot kill. Use it sparingly. I saved it for only the "Boss Mutants"
that I could not avoid.
You will recognize the regular water doors, the doors that
require a Polywater Key to enter and the Airlock doors with their wavy
green fields (there are hundreds of them). You know that you always
need to press the blue button in an Airlock hall to go through the
other door, so I won't tell you each time.
Using the Memory Orb
1. Turn around and walk to the far wall. Jump up to get out of
the ship and walk through the Airlock until you are facing a big patch
of seaweed. Ahh!! Turn right and go through the first airlock door to
your left. Walk left and through the next airlock, continuing straight
to a door where you must insert a Polywater Key. You have found
Command. Walk around either side of the dividing wall and find the
golden Memory Orb and pick it up. Leave Command.
2. Go through the airlock and straight, hugging the left wall.
Take the first right turn and turn right (ignoring the water door) and
follow the passage until you find a left turn.
3. Take that left turn and go through the water door into the
Comm. Lab. Here you see a bunch of Memory Orbs. Walk around the room
and notice where the humming noise gets loudest. When you are facing a
machine that looks like a monitor on tentacled legs, select a Memory
Orb from inventory and press the spacebar. Pick up all of the Memory
Orbs in the room and play each one. (To hear the message again, press
the P key. The ; and , keys scroll through the list.) Before you
leave, walk up to the machine that looks most like a Jukebox and press
the space bar. Turning on this NTI Transceiver should make is possible
for your spouse to contact you.
Finding the Containment Field Projector
1. Leave the Comm Lab and take a left turn. Turn at the next
possible right and go through the Airlock. The room at the end of the
hall has storage containers that hold more Polywater Keys. (The
containers look like fat genies!) Leave and go back through the
Airlock. Turn right. At the next intersection, turn left. Then take
the 2nd right turn.
2. The room is empty but you can hear a humming sound. There is a
Secret Passage here! Find the wall that looks off-color and a bit
shaded. The wall is directly opposite the door you entered. Walk
through the wall and down the long passageway to a round room.
3. At the end of the next corridor is the Containment Field
Projector -- plus your first victim. Pick up the weapon, SELECT IT and
shoot the Mutant if you can't avoid him. (It's just a temporary
holding tank, but it'll get him stopped in his tracks.)
Finding part 2 of the Mutagen Cure
1. Leave the Secret Passage to the main corridor. Turn right and
keep going straight and go through the first Airlock door you will
find on your left.
2. Once on the other side of the Airlock, turn right and then
right again and through another Airlock door that is protected by a
Robot. Walk down this very long, sweeping corridor and take the first
left Airlock door.
3. Turn left, then right and insert a Polywater Key to enter
Biological Sample Storage. Find Part 2 of the Mutagen Cure on the
floor behind the counter.
Finding part 3 of the Mutagen Cure
1. Leave the Biological Sample Storage room and take a left and
then a right to lead to the Airlock door. Once on the other side of
the Airlock door, turn left and walk directly to another airlock door,
which you should go through. Then walk along that corridor, bearing
left at the next intersection and walk through the water door. You
have entered the Engineering Dept. of a Minisub Bay. (If you are
looking at the map, it is the Minisub Bay at the top left.)
2. Walk straight into this room (avoiding the Boss Mutant if you
can). Find a square hole in the floor and drop into it. (You'll need
to jump up onto the rim and then drop down into it.) Drop down once
more and enter the Airlock. Activate the button and ride in the
Minisub. You have arrived in Cavern 1.
Note: The Minisubs are preprogrammed to take you to the four
caverns in sequential order, so it does not matter which Minisub you
travel in first - you will always start in Cavern 1. The Minisub will
continue to recharge while you search for the one item available from
this cavern. Once you have the one item, the Minisub will take you
back -- and cannot be used again. Get in another Minisub to go to the
1. There are 2 exits. (The left passage is a dead end, but has a
clump of healthy first aid sod.) While facing the Minisub, turn right
and take that passage. Follow it along until you reach a pool of
water. Jump in.
2. This underwater passage will fork. Look for a right passage
(it is hard to see) which winds around to the right to a pool above
you where you can exit. (If you take the left one by mistake, it will
also lead to a pool. That path leads to a large room with two
adjoining passages. There is a first aid rock in one of the rooms, and
a winged mutant wanders around here, but nothing else.)
3. Once out of the water, walk straight ahead. It is almost
impossible to avoid the one item you need - a Metal Plank. After
picking it up, leave.
4. To get back to the Minisub, go to the pool and jump in. While
swimming take the left passage to the exit hole. The path from there
leads to the Minisub, which will take you back to the Station. Jump up
twice to get back to the Engineering Dept. of this Minisub Bay.
5. Turn and walk around the box to the right, walking forward and
out the far exit. (A point of reference can be the observation room
entrances should be on the left of the Minisub bay.) Turn left, and
take the second left (the first left is probably the entrance to
another Jumpship. It is guarded by a Robot). Go through a water door
into another Engineering Dept. for a Minisub Bay (bottom left on the
map). Be ready - this Bay is protected by a group of Robots and
several other pesky mutants. Find the square hole in the floor. Jump
in and down to activate the button and travel to Cavern 2.
1. Turn completely around so that the Minisub is behind you.
There are six separate passages to choose from. Walk toward the right
and take the first right passage. Make your way through the narrow
corridors until you come to a low, rectangle opening. Press the Z key
to crouch down and carefully walk forward. A message on your screen
advises that you need to put something across the "Unjumpable Chasm".
Get close to the edge on the right side. Select the Metal Plank and
press the spacebar. Walk across the plank to the other side.
2. Continue forward, bearing right until you find a boiling pool
of water with stepping stones. Jumping across these stepping stones is
tricky. With each successful leap, SAVE. It helps to look down
(PageDown key) to make sure you are standing on the very edge of each
stone before you jump. You will be doing a zigzag pattern across the
pool. (Sorry - it was too difficult to map.)
3. After you are across, follow the passageway to a room with a
colorful machine and a winged mutant. Take the other door out and
follow that corridor to a murky pond with something in mid-air above
it. Walk into the pond and get the Sludge.
4. You must now go back the way you came - stepping stones and
all! Once you are back at the Minisub, you can explore the other
caverns if you wish. You have the item you came for so you can leave
in the Minisub when you want to. Jump up twice again to get back into
the Engineering Dept.
5. Find the entrances to the observation rooms and keep them on
your left so you exit in the proper place. Stay hugging the left wall
and keep going straight until you reach a water door. Go inside the
third Engineering Department (bottom right on the map) and find the
square hole. Jump in, press the button and travel to Cavern 3.
1. This cavern is so easy -- a welcome relief from the one before
it! See the rock that is blocking the entry to the only passage. Use
the Sludge on the rock to "make it slippery" and it rolls out of the
way. Travel down the path to the end. Pick up the Stalactite and
return the way you came!
2. Once back in Engineering, find the proper exit by keeping the
entries to the observation rooms on your left once again. In the
hallway, hug the left wall and take the second passage left (through a
water door). You should have arrived in the last Engineering
Department (top right on the map). The Minisub here will take you to
the last cavern - Cavern 4.
1. There are two exits from the Minisub location. Find the
running water and jump into it. Travel to the end and be ready to jump
at the waterfall. Once you are on the step-bridge, jump and walk over
to the other side. Walk through the exit on the other side and take
the right fork at the first intersection. There will be an opportunity
to turn left -- do so. At the end of the passage, pick up the Thermal
2. Leave and bear to the left as you walk. When you come to the
end of the passage and are facing a big, black empty space, walk
straight into it. You have a slight fall down to where the Minisub
3. Turn right and walk past the river and all the way to the end.
Go in the entryway on the right. While travelling, keep to the right.
4. You come upon a large room which has an exit on the opposite
side. Walking in this narrow passage, follow the right path again
until you find a pool of water. Jump into it. (Note: The water may be
too hot to enter. Go get the Thermal Lichen. See #1 above.)
5. The swim underwater seems a bit longer than normal. You should
go right when you see an opportunity. Find the exit waterhole and go
up. Follow the path in front of you to another big room. This one has
pillars of various heights which form steps to the higher level.
6. Jump up on the stepping stones and over to the other side. You
come to a large room which appears to be a dead end. Find a wall that
looks different than the rest. Use the Stalactite on the wall and go
get Part 3 of the Mutagen Cure.
7. Leave and return the way you came to Minisub. Get on and jump
up to the Engineering room.
SAVING THE PLANET
You are ready to combine the ingredients of the cure. To do that,
go to the Science Lab. If you are looking at the map, your last
Minisub trip was on the one from the top right Bay. I found it easiest
to go through the bottom right Bay and then to the Science Lab.
1. With the entrances to the observation rooms on your right this
time, find the water door exit. Once out, hug the right wall. Do not
turn at the first right. Instead follow the hallway to the right and
into another water door. Enter this Engineering room and walk all the
way through it (almost straight) and out the far water door.
2. Bearing right again, walk past the first left door. Turn left
and enter the Airlock door there. Keeping basically straight, make no
turns until you find another Airlock door. Go through it. On the other
side you will want to take the very first right turn. This pathway
leads to the Science Lab where you must use another Polywater Key to
3. Walk to the left side of the room to the machine on the wall.
This is the NTI Cure Making Machine. Select each part of the Mutagen
Cure from inventory and press the spacebar to insert each one into the
machine. A "thank you" is all you receive in return.
4. Understanding the aliens has never been easy, but this time it
seemed it said something about needing to terraform the planet. The
planet cannot be terraformed while Europa Station is on its surface.
You must launch Europa Station, which must be done from the Command
5. Exit the Science Lab and take a right. Take the 2nd Airlock
door you come to (it's is directly in front of you), then follow the
left passage. Hug the left wall and keep walking straight making no
turns until you are faced with another Airlock door. Once on the other
side of it, keep walking straight, ignoring all turns until you come
again to an Airlock door. Go through it, follow the left path to
another Airlock door. You should hear the humming of the Command
center as soon as the airlock cycles.
6. Walk to the other side of the dividing wall and behind the
counter where the Memory Orb once stood. Activate the Power Switch
(left mechanism with red star-like design). Activate the Launch
Sequence (right mechanism with the yellow circle pattern).